Tuesday 12 May 2009

Benmore Blog, day one (Thistle)

We went on a walk this afternoon. It was amazing. The first bit was kind of crazy though. We went through this teeny tunnel that was mucky and wet. We were just like: “Eww!” I went through and then Adder threw mud at me! L Terrible! But it was kind of funny. The people in our activity group are: Tinkerbell, Rob Roy MacGregor, Nettle, Adder, Me (Thistle), Highlander and Robin Red Breast.
There were loads of puddles and we just walked through them casually until Adder (who had been here before) rolled in one! We were all like, “Okay…come on, let’s go.” We were completely soaked at the end of it. Highlander’s shoes were like a swimming pool! It felt like we were walking on jelly! It was sooo fun though! We were like, “Yay, we got a bit wet.” The food’s good too!

1 comment:

Papa said...

Hi Thistle,
I hope you and your clothes dried overnight. Your walk sounds great fun, although I'm not sure that I would have rolled in the mud, either. African elephants have similar tendencies (to keep themselves cool), but I don't suppose that it was that tropical at Benmore.
Hope you had a great day in the sunshine today.