Tuesday 12 May 2009

Benmore Blog, day one (Robin Red Breast)

Today we arrived at Benmore! It looks like Hogwarts and there’s a HUGE tower! My group leader, Debbie, told us what to do. Our first job was to make our beds… which was HARD! We brought up our suitcases and we got shown around Benmore. It’s really big but it’s beautiful. My group went on a walk around the grounds and we raced, splashed and jumped in puddles and got SOAKED! We got mud and put army stripes on our faces!!! We had to crawl through these tunnels and it was sooooo fun! I was VERY dirty and the end! We had snacks then had free time. I looked at the avenue of trees which was AMAZING. I climbed a really weird (but cool) tree. We had fish and chips for dinner which was yummy! We haven’t done the night walk yet, but it’s soon! I do miss my family, but I’m having loads of fun.

1 comment:

Nick and Anita said...

Hi Rowan.
Great to read your day one blog - sounds like you are having a great time. We are all missing you, it's much quieter here! Murron is particularly missing her girly chats - Sam just doesn't quite deliver on that score. Look forward to reading more reports of your adventures in Benmore :)
love Maman and Dad XX